5 Self-Care Ideas That You Can Do Right Now
It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of day to day life. Often my clients tell me they put their wants and needs on the shelf to take care of everyone else. We are all vulnerable to that trap, but it’s important to remember that you can’t take care of others without taking care of yourself too. Here are 5 simple practices you can start today to replenish your mind and body. Try to do these at a quiet time during the day like first thing in the morning or on your lunch break.
1. Do a quick sweep. Look around your home, the car, your office, wherever you are, and clean up. Throw away trash, put loose items in away, and put belongings in their place. Clearing the clutter outside your mind helps clear the clutter inside your mind.
2. Do a social sweep. Take a few moments to scan your social media feeds and reduce any negative influence. You can usually mute or unfollow without deleting or unfriending.
3. Stretch it out. Start at your head and work your way down the body stretching different groups of muscles all the way down to your toes.
4. Soak up some sun. Take 10-15 minutes to go for a walk outside or sit peacefully in the sunshine. Don’t forget the SPF!
5. Breathe in the good vibes. Take five slow and focused breaths. Try to expand your stomach as much as you can on the inhale and release all the air on your exhale. Want to double down on this one? Try using your favorite essential oil.